PPG coil coatings strike a perfect balance of beauty and protection. From metal roofing and wall panels to HVAC equipment, from transportation to general industrial products, our coatings are engineered to withstand the most rigorous residential, commercial and industrial settings, as well as certain severe environmental conditions.
Widely recognized as the most efficient and cost-effective way to pre-paint steel and aluminium substrates, coil coating is a continuous, automated process for coating metal before fabrication. Because it can be a closed loop process, VOCs are captured during curing, making it a more environmentally friendly process.
PPG coil coatings have been recognized for durability in architectural metal coatings for more than 50 years. With exceptional coil coatings, coupled with the industry’s largest color library, color capabilities and special effect finishes, PPG is changing what’s possible in architectural metal.
PPG DURASTAR® ULTRA-COOL® silicone-modified polyester (SMP) coatings provide exterior durability for agricultural, industrial, commercial and residential metal roofing and wall panels. This coating is available in same pigments as flagship PPG DURANAR coil coatings, a choice among architects for the most iconic monumental buildings across the globe. PPG Durastar Ultra-Cool features:
• Hundreds of standard or custom colors
• Support of global color, technical and customer service teams
• Custom color matches in fewer than 5 days
• Digital color tools, including IndX, an online portal that allows customers to enter color matches and track the status of a project online
• Excellent resistance to corrosion, stains, UV damage and weather
• Color retention longer than other SMP products
• PPG's proprietary infrared-reflective cool coating technology that improves the solar reflectiveness and reduce heat adsorption of the metal substrate
For more information, view our PPG DURASTAR® ULTRA-COOL® brochure or email Scott Lowery.
Visit our dedicated Architectural Metal Coatings website to discover how our high-performance products and close collaboration with architects are making buildings stand out around the world.